ManageWPIfManageWP ManageWPyou’ve ever upgraded from a not so smart phone, to one of the latest, so called smart phone and have been wondering, why isn’t your phone lasting the day, you’ve just discovered what we’ve known for awhile. Smartphones, while being fast and zippy, do not have good battery life, thus the need for a good external battery pack. But how to choose?
One of my dilemmas of upgrading from a BlackBerry to a Samsung Galaxy S3 is the lack of battery life. Previously, with the BlackBerry, I was able to make calls and answer emails on a moderate basis (as in 5-10 phone calls of 10 minutes or more each) and reply emails and still have more than enough to last till the next night.
Writing this as a warning, as there are many funny sounding China made brands which is much cheaper than buying an established brand like Energizer. But due to the quality of the battery cell, which is dubious, it’s better to get yourself a better brand and have a peace of mind over its performance.
- Morphie – good and expensive, but becareful of fakes from China
- Yoobao – reasonably good, but it’s really huge. From China
- Mipow – also from China. Really huge as well
- Yelltowin – get these from established Apple dealers. Expensive, but good
- Powerrocks – looks good with your iPhone. Also get these from extablished Apple dealers
- Mili – another China brand.
For us here at Techgarage, if you can afford it, go get yourself a PowerRocks. It’s something you can keep with a peace of mind. And it doesn’t look out of place with your iPhone/iPad/Samsung/Nokia.